BORDEAUX - With two matchless clear rounds and a super-fast jump-off, VDL Edgar M (Arezzo VDL x Marlon) and Marlon Modolo Zanotelli (BRA) jumped to victory in the CSI5*-W World Cup competition over 1.60m in Bordeaux (FRA).
Grand Slam VDL (Cardento (Elite) x Heartbreaker) and Zanotelli finished fantastic second in the CSI5* Grand Prix over 1.60m in Bordeaux. With 13-year-old Iliana (Cardento x Gentleman, breeder: J.A.M. Bocken (NED)), Henrik von Eckermann claimed third place.
VDL Edgar M, who was bred by E. & M. Meijer (NED), strung together successes last year under Zanotelli:
- winner of the CSI5* CSI5* competition over 1.60m in Geneva (SUI);
- second in the CSI5*-W World Cup competition over 1.60m in Lyon (FRA);
- winner of the 5* Grand Prix of Oslo (NOR);
- winner of the Grand Prix of Vakenswaard (NED);
- the incredible ex aequo of VDL Edgar M (Arezzo) and Cartello VDL in the CSI5* 1.60m-Grand Prix in Madrid (ESP);
- third in CSI5* Grand Prix over 1.60m in St Tropez.
Grand Slam VDL, also available again with fresh semen in the 2023 breeding season, has also achieved many outstanding results under Zanotelli:
- eighth in the CSI5* 1.60m Grand Prix of Amsterdam;
- clear in the CSI5* 1.55m in Basel;
- twice second in the CSI4* 1.45m competition in Stockholm;
- second in the 1.45m at CSI5* Helsinki International Horse Show;
- third in CSI5* Grand Prix in New York;
- winner of the CSI2* Grand Prix in Valkenswaard.
Grand Slam VDL saw the light of day in 2011 at the stables of Frans Kenis (BEL).
VDL Edgar M (Arezzo x Marlon)
Grand Slam VDL (Cardento (Elite) x Heartbreaker)